New office: Truly us and space to create value!
We recently moved to a new office. The move was celebrated in style and fervour with music, drinks, and food! It’s been almost three months since the move, and we are very much settled. We are reminiscing about our workspace story so far and how the new space is truly us. And we decided to share it with you.
New office space: truly GreenFlux
About a decade ago, we started with two rooms at the Royal Tropical Institute in Amsterdam. It was a monumental building with a lot of character. It was the home for companies with sustainable development goals.
From the two rooms, one was named "cave" or "dungeon" because it had a very low ceiling. The other was only slightly bigger. With time, the company grew, and we leased more rooms in the same building. Each contributed their own special influence on our company and our culture evolved right alongside our ever-changing surroundings.
Looking back, we see we have come quite far.
GreenFlux is maturing as a company. We have grown massively, doubling our customers, employees, and partners, in a short period of time. This expansion required better collaboration—not just with clients but within the smart GreenFlux team. That is how the idea to move to a bigger collaborative space originated.
We represent an ecosystem of people working together to empower sustainable mobility for all. Our new office at Johnny River resides in a building known for sustainable office space, which perfectly fits our vision. The space reflects us. Everything from colours to materials chosen for carpets and furniture and the rest of the office décor is selected with GreenFlux's purpose and vision in mind. Plus, the new space, with a view of the Amstel River, is agile and designed not just as a place to work but as a space to create value for clients, partners, and employees.
Would you like to be part of our growing team and enjoy our agile workspace? Find opportunities here
Agile workspace: Creating value
At GreenFlux, what binds us together is that we, together as a team of teams, are helping accelerate the transition toward sustainable mobility. We are a bunch of innovators enabling the smartest e-mobility services.
According to a recent McKinsey report, successful agile transformations increase customer satisfaction and operational decision-making by 30%. Our new office adapts to the changing needs of our employees and customers. It offers complete flexibility and optimal use of space, offering operational efficiency. Most importantly, our new space focuses on value for employees, not just their productivity, in more ways than one:
- Culture of collaboration: The office space has meeting rooms, a boardroom, flexible desks, and focus rooms to concentrate. It is a modular set-up that can be adjusted according to the requirements of the employees for workshops, demos, customer meetings, or any other needs. It is easy to quickly connect remote colleagues into an in-person discussion when needed. Our space encourages teams to collaborate based on shared experiences. As the workspace has unassigned seating, employees are encouraged to move freely around the office and work from the space that suits them best at any given time of the day, when in office.
- Improved quality: At the new GreenFlux office, the way of working and physical environment is always improving. With employees working next to each other, there are increased opportunities to share knowledge and support each other, leading to better quality work and employee relationships.
- Better response time for customers: There is constant feedback from team members in regard to resolving customers' concerns. This leads to better response times for customers and quicker implementation of their feedback.
- Better communication: Flexible helpdesks facilitate better communication among all employees in the company, rather than only among team members.
- Green life: Plants are known to increase employee productivity by a measurable amount, according to numerous studies. Our new office also has well-taken care of green friends.
- GreenFlux colours: The office décor in our company colours, not only reflects our identity but also helps employees feel vibrant and connected to the company.
New place to work together
With cross-functional teams working together to deliver smart solutions that meet changing e-mobility industry expectations, the new agile workspace promises quicker solutions, optimised resources, and maximum value.
Overall, we, as a team of teams, are happily satisfied with the improved, well-designed, and modern collaboration and supportive environment at our new workspace. This motivates each one of us to come to work and create value for our clients, ourselves, and each other. And, hopefully, nobody is missing the dungeon.